Dear Lists,

I'm happy to see that John Deely altered the subject line of his post, but
John, I wish you'd taken "Natural Propositions" out of it completely. And
the same goes for all the subject lines of the blizzard of posts yesterday
none of which made any reference to the actual content of Chapter 1 of NP.

Folks, if you want to recycle these endlessly recurring debates and
reiterate your usual positions yet again, go ahead and do so, but please do
it under an appropriate subject line. Those of us who have actually read NP
(at least the first chapter) are looking for questions, comments and
references to it under that subject line, and it's discouraging to find
something irrelevant to it instead, time after time. So, rather than
apologize for going off topic, it would be better to simply change your
subject line, even if you're responding to something Frederik posted, when
your reponse is not about NP itself.

As for those of us who are reading the book, if we have no more to say about
the first chapter, I hope we are forging ahead into the second, because Jeff
Kasser is due to launch the thread on that just three days from now, and
it's much longer and more specific than Chapter 1. (I'm glad to hear that
Ulysses Pascal has some questions lined up already!)

I'm not speaking as a moderator here, as I have no authority to make or
enforce rules; I'm just requesting ordinary netiquette practices, speaking
as one who wants this seminar to be informative without making unreasonable
demands on Frederik or anyone else. We all have our limitations of time and
energy.

gary f.