From: Gary Fuhrman<mailto:g...@gnusystems.ca>
To: biosemiot...@lists.ut.ee<mailto:biosemiot...@lists.ut.ee> ; 'Peirce
List'<mailto:PEIRCE-L@list.iupui.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 9:06 AM
Subject: [PEIRCE-L] Natural Propositions: revised schedule

There have been a few changes in the projected seminar schedule since I posted
it last, so here it is again.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to raise a rather trivial question about
the pronunciation of “dicisign” and “dicent”. At the Peirce Centennial
conference, I heard these pronounced (by Frederik, for one) with a soft c, so
that “dicent” sounds exactly like “decent” and “dicisign” has two sibilants in
it. To me, on the other hand, it comes naturally to pronounce both with a hard
c, like the c in “indicate” (which of course comes from the same root). I
haven’t found any clues as to how Peirce pronounced it, or any conclusive
reason for preferring one pronunciation over the other, but I do prefer the
hard c, and i’m curious whether others have strong preferences.