Dear Jon, List,
understanding mathematics is very hard for me. I remember, that for understanding integral and differential calculation, i had to calculate many exemplaric problems, before I understood, what it is good for, and how it works. Same with thermodynamics: How does a carnot process work. I mentally have to be the helium or the air, being compressed or expanded, have to get into it by examples. Now with this graphs-thing, I am again standing there like an ox before a mountain. Is there any literature with examples how these graphs can be applied for one or the other job? I have tried to read the book by Spencer Brown "Laws of Form". There is very soon a point from which on I cannot follow. He just does not give enough examples for silly minded people like me. We need examples. Same with the ten classes of signs. I am still wondering, do these ten classes only apply to reflection, or also to action- but that would be another topic. But the discussions in this lists to me seem to show that there is some deficiency of how to apply theory to practice or to examples. I remember the example with the wolf smelling a rabbit.
Best, Helmut

Von: "Jon Awbrey" <jawb...@att.net>

Peircers,

FYM (For Your Musement) ...

Here are some animations I made up to illustrate several different styles of proof
in an extended topological variant of Peirce's Alpha Graphs for propositional logic.

https://oeis.org/wiki/User:Jon_Awbrey/ANIMATION#Proof_Animations

See the following article for a full discussion of this type of logical graph:

https://oeis.org/wiki/Logical_Graphs

Regards,

Jon

--

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey
my word press blog: http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/

PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to peirce-L@list.iupui.edu . To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to l...@list.iupui.edu with the line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .