list,

Jerry,

In all contexts (coding, uncertainty, roughness), entropy is seen as a
monotonic increasing function.

I don't like real-valued functions in rough sets, and if I need to
generalize it then would prefer a comparison based approach

> I am puzzled by the meaning of your statement:

>>  An example of abstraction of thermodynamic entropy is in the papers of
>>  Elliott H. Lieb and Jakob Yngvason
>

> Thermodynamic entropy is an abstract physical law as well as (an often
> irrelevant, for example,  biological) mathematical abstraction
> about heat flow.

In the works of the mentioned authors, abstraction over Gibbs
thermodynamics is done.
To be specific: the Physics today paper "A Fresh Look at Entropy and the
Second Law of Thermodynamics"

When we formulate logics from any physical theory, often there is
scope for variation in the abstraction.

Jon,

> 2.
> http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2012/12/07/triadic-relations-intentions-fuzzy-subsets-2/
> 3.
> http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2012/12/07/triadic-relations-intentions-fuzzy-subsets-3/

We need a separate thread for this.
I would be more interested in how you formulate semi-sets and type-2 fuzzy sets.

Regards

A. Mani

Prof(Miss) A. Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, ISRS, CLC, CMS