Further inquiry into the structure of proteins reveals that this table is
incomplete with respect to the identities of amino acids in proteins.

Several more amino-acids are now known to be parts of proteins
(hydroxy-proline and hydroxy-lysine are two examples.)

On a more general level, the concept that a single physical feature of a
chemical molecule can explain biology is problematic, to say the least.

Cheers

Jerry