JBD:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17902
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17907
HR:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17911
GF:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17916
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17955
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17956
HR:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/17958

Helmut, List,

I put a better formatted version of my last email in this blog post:

http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/12/08/relations-their-relatives-16

I thought it might serve a purpose over the long haul to merge this discussion
of elementary relations and/or individual relations with an earlier thread on
relations and their relatives.  The immediate task is to get clear about the
critical relationship between relations as sets and elementary relations as
elements of those sets.  What's at stake is understanding the extensional
aspect of relations.  Beyond its theoretical importance, the extensional
aspect of relations is the interface where relations make contact with
empirical phenomena and ground logical theories in observational data.

Well, it's later than I thought, so I'll have to break here.

Regards,

Jon