Dear Kirsti, list:

Thank you for your comment.

With regard to seminary philosophy, Peirce cites a familiar passage:

“*Ye may know them by their fruits*”, and alternatively,

"By their fruits ye shall know them.”

Which is reminiscent of Matthew 7:15-17

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but
inwardly they are ferocious wolves.  *Ye shall know them by their fruits*…

Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.”

What do you suppose is the complete meaning of this line and why does he
choose it when referring to pragmaticism, in particular?

Best,
Jerry R