Gary f.

From: Helmut Raulien [mailto:h.raul...@gmx.de]
Sent: 9-Apr-17 00:32

Edwina, List,

my point was, that a token is embodied, but a molecule has no clear borders (of
it´s body), as it contains electrons, whose orbitals are borderless, and the
gravitation (and other fields) of the molecule also is borderless. Borders in
physical-chemical- world are defined by humans, eg. "75% probability of
electron presence". In animate world, organisms have clear borders, their skin
surface. Their body contains their needs-affairs of final causation. So maybe,
if a token is embodied, it only appears in self-defined bodies, that would be
in animate world of final cause? (...But, if in the supposedly inanimate
physicalchemical world, there obviously is a token-type-relation, like
law-logos, this again would mean, that the "inanimate" world is not inanimate).

Best, Helmut