Helmut,

 

What we’re depicting is not an if-then-routine but a proposition; and the 
scroll is not a set-subset-graph like a Venn diagram. I think those familiar 
ideas (i.e. your interpretive habits) are getting in the way of your following 
what Peirce is actually saying. But that happens a lot, to readers of Peirce. 
It’s happened to me too.

 

Gary f. 

 

From: Helmut Raulien [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: 26-Oct-17 14:08
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Aw: RE: [PEIRCE-L] Lowell Lecture 2.5

 

Gary, list,

I have understood nothing, except, that you may depict an if-then-routine as a 
set-subset-graph on a blackboard, and also may partially cut off the surface, 
or stick patches on it. If there is more to it metaphorically or so, I surely 
am stupid.

Best,

Helmut

-----------------------------
PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L 
to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . To 
UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to [email protected] with the 
line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at 
http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .




Reply via email to