Edwina, Helmut, Gary f, list,]

Lowell 3.13: "A representamen is a subject of a triadic relation *to* a
Second, called its *Object*,  *for* a Third, called its *Interpretant*,
this triadic relation being such that the Representamen determines its
Interpretant to stand in the same triadic relation to the same Object for
some Interpretant."

I know we've been here before, but I do not yet see how "*the Representamen
determin[ing] its Interpretant to stand **in the same triadic relation** to
**the same Object *(emphasis added)" can be seen as a function,  defined as
"a special relationship where each input has a single output." I don't see
how this gels with the snippet of Peirce's above (quite a characteristic
one, I believe).

Best,

Gary R

[image: Gary Richmond]