List,

I've gotten several off-list responses to my post on frequency of posting
which messages move me to reiterate "please post as you see fit!" and to
add what I've written here several times in the past, namely, that the best
approach to dealing with posts that you're not interested in is to *just
delete them!*

Of course I would always encourage *more* participation on the list
including more participants. So, lurkers on the list, feel free to chime in
even if you don't want to get involved in an extended discussion. In this
forum "the more the merrier!" But initiate, join in, or leave a discussion
at will!

And thanks to those of you who occasionally (including today) write
off-list in support of my efforts in this sometimes challenging job of
acting as list moderator. It is I who should thank all of you for keeping
Peirce-L alive--both as active participants and observers--when so many
other philosophy and semiotics fora have floundered.

Best,

Gary R (writing, again, as list moderator)

[image: Gary Richmond]

*Gary Richmond*
*Philosophy and Critical Thinking*
*Communication Studies*