Kirsti, list,

Thanks Kirsti for reminding us that in most cases it is probably best not
to, say, reply to All but only to Peirce-L. The way my email is set up,
even if I am Cc'd I only get the Peirce-L post, but I can imagine how
irksome it must be to get 200 Peirce-L posts in a little over a week *plus*
additional copies.

What I do in responding is to click "Reply" and then omit the name of the
sender and replace it with "Peirce-L.," a quick and easy solution.

Again, I'd like to remind folk that it is also helpful to delete all but
the message you are responding to. I don't always remember to do this
myself, but posters not doing so results in my often needing to scroll down
a great distance to get to the next message as the entire thread is copied
in that message.

In short, and as I wrote in an off-list exchange with a forum member today
". . . the list, while not a community (rather a forum, a place) still
requires a consideration of *all* who gather here."

Best,

Gary (writing as list moderator)

[image: Gary Richmond]

*Gary Richmond*