Helmut, List:

I share Peirce's preference for the terms Breadth and Depth, rather than
extension and intension, and suspect that there are subtle differences in
their meanings.  What I have proposed is that the Immediate Object
corresponds to Essential Breadth and the General Object corresponds to
Substantial Breadth, more or less as Peirce defined those terms in 1867.

I am not sure what you mean by "the categorial-modal affair," since I do
not conceive of semiosis in those terms.

I follow Peirce in viewing all semiosis of any kind as dialogical,
requiring three Quasi-minds--the Utterer, the Interpreter, and the
Commens--but recognizing that they may correspond to three temporal phases
of the *same *Quasi-mind.