Hello Orin,

Terry Moore and I have spearheaded the SPIN project, which has the aim of using
online tools to support collaborative efforts to transcribe Peirce's
manuscripts into a searchable form.

Here is a link to the site:
https://fromthepage.com/collection/show?collection_id=16

C. S. Peirce Manuscripts |
FromThePage<https://fromthepage.com/collection/show?collection_id=16>
fromthepage.com
C. S. Peirce Manuscripts - collection overview. The goal of the Scalable Peirce
Interpretation Network (SPIN) is to develop a model environment for distributed
collaboration that can support an international network of researchers,
students, and citizen scholars in cooperative efforts to encode and interpret
handwritten manuscripts, including those of high complexity. As our testbed, we
plan to use the "Logic Notebook" that Charles Sanders Peirce, the founder of
Pragmatism, kept as the seedbed and greenhouse for his ideas together with
related sets of manuscripts in logic and semiotics. We are treating the pages
in the MS 145 folder as a sandbox. Take the platform for a test run and play
with the toolset. The enhanced set of LaTeX tools for encoding the algebraic
formulas and graphical diagrams have been added, and a set of guidelines for
making the encodings is ready to go. Here are links to Transcription Guidelines
on the SPIN Project website, digital images of the Ma

Thus far, the network of volunteers has transcribed about 2000 pages. If there
are particular texts of interest to an individual or group who would like to
make a concerted effort, then I would be willing to upload requested sets into
the system if they are not already there. The resulting transcriptions can be
downloaded in a large number of formats. If anyone has questions about getting
started, guidelines are available via a link on the home page. If the
information there does not answer any questions, let me know.

Yours,

Jeff

Jeffrey Downard
Associate Professor