Dear list,

JAS said:

· Major premiss:  Every Sign is determined by an Object other than itself.

· Minor premiss:  The entire Universe is a Sign.

· Conclusion:  The entire Universe is determined by an Object other than
itself.

I do then add, "And this we call God,"

So then:

· Major premiss:  Every Sign is determined by an Object other than itself.

· Minor premiss:  I do then add, “And this we call God” is that Sign

· Conclusion:  I determine that Object other than itself

Major:  Object other than itself

Minor:  I

Middle:  Sign

Is that right?

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/15/723686017/new-tell-them-i-am-podcast-explores-lives-of-muslims-through-small-defining-mome

REZA ASLAN: The voice quite famously says...

EUCEPH: It says something really unexpected.

ASLAN:  You can tell them that I am I am.

EUCEPH:  It says Yahweh.

ASLAN:  That's just a Hebrew word that means I am, I was, I will be.

EUCEPH:  Yahweh is not a name.

ASLAN:  The deity didn't say, tell them I am Yahweh.  That's not what he
said.  He said, tell them I am.

EUCEPH: So I read this passage of the Bible when I was 16. I remember
reading it and just being so surprised and struck by that line and the fact
that God, an entity that we're constantly trying to define and understand,
refuses to be categorized. And it kind of gave me permission as a human
being to also let go of labels and to transcend category. ..

And as we started discussing the idea, we kind of came to the conclusion
that it should actually be that whole phrase, tell them I am, because it
embodies the struggle of being a person who is constantly being categorized
and who is desperately trying to take control of their own narrative..

With best wishes,
Jerry R