Jon AS, List,
I renamed the subject line to emphasize the stages
prior to the derivation of the three branches of normative
logic.
JAS> I have corrected the subject line since the cited
writings by Jappy
 and quoted statements by Peirce are not about
phaneroscopy at all, but about
 speculative grammar as the first
branch of the normative science  of logic as semeiotic.
No.  The
first stages of phaneroscopy apply formal logic to derive the
phenomenological categories and the hypoicons.  Only after that analysis
has been done can the categories be applied to the analysis of Beauty,
Goodness, and Truth to derive the normative sciences.
Please note
that formal logic (AKA mathematical logic) is the first branch of
mathematics.  Without formal logic, it's impossible to derive the
categories.
There are 119 instances of the term 'formal logic' in
CP, and only 7 instances of the term 'logic proper'.  And Peirce is
inconsistent in his use of that term:  In the 1903 classification of the
sciences, he defined 'logic proper' as the triad of speculative grmmar,
Critic, and methodeutic.  But in every use of the term 'logic proper'
prior to before that classification, he defines it as a synonym for Critic
by itself.
By Peirce's own ethics of terminology, the term 'logic
proper' was a terrible choice.  That may be why he stopped using that term
aftter those 7 inconsistent uses.
John

Jon AS, List,

I renamed the subject line to emphasize the stages prior to the three branches of normative logic.