Cf: Inquiry Driven Systems • Discussion 8
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2021/07/26/inquiry-driven-systems-discussion-8/

Re: Category Theory
https://categorytheory.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/229111-general/topic/category.20theory.20in.20human.20psychology
::: Simon Burton
https://categorytheory.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/229111-general/topic/category.20theory.20in.20human.20psychology/near/247135634

<QUOTE SB:>
From what I've noticed there are two kinds of mathematical thinking:
manipulating abstract syntax, versus direct experience/perception of
concrete mathematics.  These two are intertwined in various ways, but
in my experience people generally excel in one of these two styles of
thinking and not the other.  I think that many famous collaborations
between two mathematicians are divided along these lines.
</QUOTE>

Dear Simon.

Susan Awbrey ( https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=CguW_vwAAAAJ )
and I have worked a lot and written a little on a variety of “two-culture”
and “cognitive style” questions from a broadly pragmatic perspective
informed by the work of C.S. Peirce, John Dewey, and like-minded thinkers.
The three dimensional spaces of Peirce's triadic sign relations afford
a perspective on the ways diverse thinkers can specialize their thought
to different planes or facets of a sign relation's full volume. Various
issues along these lines are discussed in the following paper.

• Conceptual Barriers to Creating Integrative Universities
https://www.academia.edu/1266492/Conceptual_Barriers_to_Creating_Integrative_Universities

Regards,

Jon