List

        It seems to me that De Tienne is here referring to the
experience/consciousness that can be understood as a Qualisign, or
Iconic Sinsign or even a Rhematic Indexical Sinsign.  That is - since
all experience is triadic - and since the descriptions of 'experience'
provided by De Tienne seem to emphasize their being individual,
unique, non-analyzed...then, there is no Thirdness involved.

        But, the Peircean notion of synechism/continuity suggests that
Thirdness/generality/Mind..is somehow, at some time in the
interaction, involved. "The synechist will not admit that physical
and psychical phenomena are entirely distinct" 1893 EP2.23

        Bringing in Robert Marty's 'Five Paths'...one wonders: 'where do we
go from here'? After all, we are here involved purely in the semiosis
of Firstness and Secondness and yet, as Peirce argues within his
synechism, Mind or Thirdness has to be involved within not only what
WE experience but within that objective reality with which we
interact.

        Edwina
 On Mon 23/08/21 10:11 AM , g...@gnusystems.ca sent:
        Continuing our slow read on phaneroscopy, here is the next slide of
André De Tienne’s slideshow posted on the Peirce Edition Project
(iupui.edu) [1]  site.

        Gary f.
        Text:

        Note that this understanding of experience is not equivalent to what
will become the phaneron. But importantly Peirce has the clear idea
that such experience is disconnected from previously assimilated
knowledge.  It is experience uninterpreted, and thus the very
unfolding of the initial interpretation – the interpretation of
unconditional living, the very reality of it detached from prior
inquiry.

Links:
------
[1] https://peirce.iupui.edu/publications.html#presentations