Edwina, List:

ET: It seems to me that De Tienne is here referring to the
experience/consciousness that can be understood as a Qualisign, or Iconic
Sinsign or even a Rhematic Indexical Sinsign.

On the contrary, André is explicitly discussing phaneroscopy, not
semeiotic. The phaneron encompasses whatever is or could be present to the
mind in any way--not just Signs/mediation (3ns), but also Ideas/quality
(1ns) and Brute Actuality/reaction (2ns).

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian