Phyllis, List,io

 That sounds like an excellent application of Peirce's philosophy in
education.

 My only comment would be that Peirce discovered his three categories long
before he began to write about phenomenology or phaneroscopy.  One of his
inspirations was the 12 categories, which Kant organized as a table with
four columns and three rows.  After studying that table, Peirce
reinterpreted Kant's categories in terms of relations with one, two, or
three pegs.

 That was many years before he used the terms phenomenology or
phaneroscopy.   In fact, it may have been one of the inspirations for his
1877 theory of relatives, which he later developed into his algebra of
logic (1880, 1885) and his graph logic (1896).  He didn't begiin to apply
logic (formal or mathematical version) to develop phenomenology until 1902,
1903.

 When he began to write his classification of the sciences, he considered
phenomenology/phaneroscopy to be the branch of philosophy in which those
categories woulld be derived by using mathematical logic (either his
algebraic notations or his new existential graphs) as the representation
for the categories.

 Your success in teaching adolescents how to use the categories confirms
Peirce's the elements of logic to teaching students at a high-school or
even junior high school level.

 From: "Phyllis Chiasson" <phyllis.marie.chias...@gmail.com>
  My experience with Peirce's phenomenology began with teaching adolescents
how to"do" the three categories in order to improve reasoning and writing
skills. I used Upton & Sampson's workbook, Creative Analysis. The system is
simple, the results were phenomenal. Because of this experience over 45
years ago, I found the rest of Peirce's philosophy easy to understand as
well. I think of his construct as a tool for thinking with very clear and
simple applications. Even young children can learn to use the categories
effectively.