Bernard:

> On Aug 27, 2021, at 5:33 PM, Bernard Morand <morand.bern...@neuf.fr> wrote:
>
> It is a good illustration of my feeling about the bad quality level of the
> discussions on Peirce-l.

My feelings are fully parallel with yours.

Your articulative description of the styles of communication denotes the
essential nature of the subjective logical fallacies that constrain the
discussions to the very, very  narrow interests of some scholars.

Such styles, while offering a sense of historical truth functions, ignore the
historically historic roots of CSP writings in centuries of earlier scholarship
as well as his extreme breath of knowledge and imagination in mathematics,
logic, physics, chemistry and multiple natural languages, thereby reducing
brilliance to dullness.  The consequence is the turning of lively ideas into
deadly boredom.  (If not even more deadly complete mis-representation.)

What practical steps are necessary to re-enliven our community and our
communications?

Cheers

Jerry

Postscript for Robert Marty:  Do you believe that CSP’s logic is congruent with
Robinson arithmetic?    :-).