Thank you, Jon. You nailed the essence of the inquiry in leadership I’m
conducting.

Which leads me to say, more generally that whether we’re looking at life as
consumers or voters, family- or community members, and we want to go about it
pragmatically, then we want to about it as inquirers, i.e. employing the
scientific method, and for Peirce:

To inquire into the true nature of reality, you’ve got to have genuine
(charitable) interest in the results others get running the same experiments
you do. If your findings are unique, then they cannot be considered generally
true. A business, too, is an experiment of sorts, and as business people we
must ask, “What is the impact my work makes on the community?"

We must also have faith that our discoveries will be corroborated by others.
This means that, e.g. in disputes, it’s more productive to focus on seeking to
understand, rather than being quarrelsome.

And it is in the nature of pragmatist inquiry to hope that our findings will
continue to be (dis)confirmed ad infinitum, i.e. that they are real. So we need
to watch our tendency to both originalism and endism.

With respect,

Martin