Hi Martin,

If you still havent found a new maintainer, I would be interested in
taking over the project. I have a real use for parsing EXIF data.
However, extending EXIF with the capability to read and write IPTC
data would be pretty high on my wishlist.

I would make it possible to install PEL using PEAR from a PEAR
channel. However, I also think that the project might be a good fit
with PEAR with a few rewrites. Would that be an idea or are you
opposed to that?

If you are not opposed I could go ahead and write up a proposal.

--
Lars Olesen