Thanks to Sid, as always, for posting the article on the IMF's
"recommendations" to Canada.

I do have a question, though. I hear a lot of Canadian lefties decry
austerity, and I'm certainly with them on that, but I rarely hear them say
anything about Canada's debt problem. It's real, isn't it? It's not just an
invention of Moody's, the IMF, and the right-wing press, is it? If it is
real, then what is to be done about it?

Another thorny question for Canadians. I hear a lot of complaints about the
loss of national sovereignty for Canada, much of the complaint coming from
the same people I'm alluding to above. How much sovereignty has Canada
really enjoyed? Would Canada be a rich country if it hadn't been riding in
the slipstream of the US? Is national sovereignty that good a thing,
really?

Doug

--

Doug Henwood