I think Brad De Long's idea of a JEP mini-symposium on "radical
economics" is an excellent one, which I appreciate.

One possibility to consider: I edited a book published in 1995 entitled
*Heterodox Economic Theories: True or False* (the title was a take-off on
one of Mark Blaug's books).  One of the sections was on "radical
economics."  Michael Reich (one of Brad's colleagues at  Cal-Berkeley)
wrote a response to a previous "methodological appraisal" of
"radical economics" by Blaug, Blaug responded, and a comment on this
exchange was made by economic methodologist Wade Hands.   I think the
debate was interesting.  Perhaps these individuals could adapt and
"update" their appraisals for the JEP.

Also, Brad, how about a similar mini-symposium on "Marxian economics" (as
distinct from "radical economics")?   My edited book also includes a
section on "Marxian economics", in which I responded to a similar
"methodological appraisal" of "Marxian economics" by Blaug, Blaug
responded again, and this exchange was commented on my Bruce
Caldwell.  Maybe something along these lines could be adapted for the JEP?

These papers were originally presented at a session sponsored by the
History of Economic Society at one of the ASSA meetings (in Annaheim,
as I remember).

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Fred Moseley