Since capital is so much more mobile than labor, the free movement of
capital will give far more advantages to the employers then the employees.

Part of the story is also the opening up of agriculture to free trade so
that people will be swept off the land and forced into low-wage jobs which
will not create much opportunity.  We saw this in Mexico.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department