Much of the poverty of Africa has to do with the devastation imposed by Europe
and North America.  Yes, they have been plauged by corrupt leaders also, but
that was probably also fostered by the same powers.

Now, the idea is to intergrate more closely into the global economy with a
minimum of local control.  Roger M. will do ok either way.  Just because it is
in his interest to oppose such arrangements does not make the opposition
irrational.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department