> Date sent:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 14:08:37 -0700 (PDT)
> Send reply to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From:           Michael Perelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:        [PEN-L:6793] The continuing saga

> So far two people have spoken up for the usefulness of Shawgi's postings,
> several for freedom of speech, and several notes of appreciation, both
> public and private.
>
> I wish that I knew a better way to handle such matters.  Bill Mitchell was
> correct to point out one factor, that most of his posts concerned the
> world outside of the U.S.  Maybe lurkers outside of North America found
> his material more useful than some others did.
>

>  --
> Michael Perelman
> Economics Department
> California State University
> Chico, CA 95929
>
> Tel. 916-898-5321
> E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RESPONSE: And perhaps "lurhers" inside North America who found his
posts about "outside North America" ought to get real and start
thinking about matters "outside" as well as "inside" North America
and how they are interconnected and with what consequences. Just look
at our "mainstream" textbooks in ecnomics, Amer/Euro-centric and
white-bread to the core. Maybe that is his message with these posts.

                               Jim Craven

*  James Craven             * "The envelope is only defined--and   *
*  Dept of Economics        * expanded--by the test pilot who dares*
*  Clark College            * to push it."                         *
*  1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd. * (H.H. Craven Jr.(a gifted pilot)     *
*  Vancouver, Wa. 98663     *                                      *
*  (360) 992-2283           * "For those who have fought for it,   *
*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     * freedom has a taste the protected    *
*                           * will never know." (Otto Von Bismark) *
* MY EMPLOYER HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH MY PRIVATE/PROTECTED OPINION *