Doug Henwood wrote:

>  So is the one true
> "progressive" position on this to support PNTR/WTO entry, along with
> the Fortune 500? Seems to me this is an extremely complicated issue,
> much too complicated for a simple yes/no answer.

It isn't a complicated an issue because for "true progressives" it is not
an issue, *period*. It is just one of those issues that (in its substance)
makes no difference one way or another to working people. So while
it is *not* a progressive position to "support PNTR/WTO," it *is*
a reactionary position to involve workers in the struggle over China
in PNTR.

It is just one more of those side shows which false leadersd of
workers put on to divert them from more important issues (like
deciding what time to have dinner or what color shirt to wear).

It is of course correct to oppose the existence of WTO -- that
is one of the important issues which gets buried in this creepy
(as you say) fight over China.

Carrol