At 12:57 23/12/97 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Absolutely, couldn't agree more - so I hope whoever's writing up the agenda
>hears this! As amusing as Sokal's hoax on Social Text was, its long-term
>effect has been negligible or even malignant, because it didn't do anything
>(and may have detracted from) putting the critique of technology on the
>agenda.

Absolutely! I have decided to take up the issue of technology as my next
research project. I have very little idea what direction it will take and
how comprehensive it would be. But I'll see what I can do on this subject,
and let you all know about this in just a few years of time! All kinds of
references would be appreciated.      Cheers, ajit sinha