Reply to Michael P:

a) I did not re-raise this issue. Proyect did when he revealed his drunken
behavior, etc. at the "Rethinking Marxism" conference.  Blame him.

b) There was nothing in my post that could fit any reasonable definition
of a flame.

c) The *reason* this issue won't go away is because it is a legitimate one
to raise.

d) You say that Proyect is a "valuable member" of PEN-L. THIS WAS
GUARANTEED TO EVOKE A RESPONSE FROM ME. How is Proyect "valuable"? Is he
valuable when he libels the late Paul Mattick Sr. the other day? Is he
valuable when he sends us *daily* doses of *SPAM*  Yes, spam.
Posts that have *nothing* to do with PEN-L, were authored for another
list, and are sent here as junk mail. Is this "valuable"? (I won't even
bother going into Proyect's other "valuable" contributions here -- like
the time he engaged in and later admitted to outrageous sexism on this
list). BUT, MICHAEL, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. If you don't want us
-- anyone on this list -- to say anything to or about Proyect, fine. I
can live with that. But, if you  have praise for him, then you MUST expect
and allow those with a contrary perspective to be heard.

Jerry