[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The ambassador is totally convinced that the indictment of
> Milosevic was arranged between NATO and the Tribunal to be
> announced the day before Chermonyrden's (sp?) visit to Belgrade
> to discredit the Russian effort and sabotage an agreement that
> would be acceptable to the European partners.  If this is the case,
> then the tribunal itself is guilty of a war crime.

Diana Johnstone was interviewed from Paris on our local (Vancouver) lefty
radio station the other day and she claims the International War Crimes
Tribunal is funded by NATO governments as well as PRIVATE sources like
Soros and the Carnegie Endowment. It's a kangeroo court. Much of its
equipment was donated by the US gov't. The US gov't also gave 22
prosecutors to the tribunal for free. These claims can be verified by
looking at its website (I'm told). Sorry, don't have the URL. Johnstone
also claimes that it was set up in The Hague so people would confuse it
with the International Court of Justice also in The Hague that is a wing
of the U.N. She also noted that Yugoslavia has a case before the latter
court charging NATO with violation of int'l law in the bombing, that is
going very slowly. Milosevic has been indicted for 342 deaths; a much
smaller figure than teh 100,000-200,000 that is being claimed by NATO
spokesmen. The top of the list is Racak which looks like an act of
provocation by the KLA. Both AP and AFP reporters on the scene testified
that there was substantial evidence that the bodies had been killed and
then moved to the site.   There has been no mention of the prison in
Kosovo that was bombed last week resulting in over 70 deaths and 150
injured. Presumably, it was bombed to help Kosovo Albanian prisoners
escape.
   Johnstone also said that most of  Kosovo has now been completely
destroyed by NATO bombing with over $120 billion in damages in the whole
of Yugoslavia.
  She also read some of the millions of propaganda leaflets that have
been dropped over Kosovo. Chilling stuff. "We are going to keep on
bombing until all Serb units leave Kosovo". Most of the bombing is now
conventional "dumb" bombing of Korean War vintage.

Sam Pawlett