It would be interesting to get validation that Marx never had first-hand experience
with farms or factories.  I don't like his
writings on agriculture particularly, but Marx' work on the reorganization of
production during the industrial revolution is
truly top-notch -- some of the finest social science of the nineteenth century.  Every
now and then I dip back into it and I'm
always amazed at the originality and depth.

Peter