I initially wrote,
> But the bottom line is who do you want--Bush or
Gore--appointing
> people to, say, the National Labor Relations
Board?

Some responses have ranged from
1. my question leads directly to fascism (Carrol,
Gar),
2. progressive politics might have been better off
if Dole had become president (Carrol),
3. my messages imply we should become good little
Democrats (jks).

My response: I utter some hyperbole _____ (fill in
the blanks) in response to the above hyperbole.

Mbs asked about "how" it makes a difference who is
president while Jim D asks about whether it
matters who is appointed with moble capital and
declining budgets. Response: vetos, who is
appointed to various positions within the federal
government (including NLRB and Supreme Court), and
general ideological discourse uttered by the
president. And, yes, even in an era of open
economies and declining enforcement budgets, I
think it matters who is making the decisions.

Eric
.