What made you think I think that big bourgeois judges are OK? Actually, elections are
exactly where I think that liberal political values belong--not "liberal" in the sense
of Democratic party, which isn't even liberal in the New Deal-Great Society sense
anymore, but in the sense of acknowledging the diversity of conceptions of the good,
the priority of justice over anyone's particular conception of the good, the
centrality of democracy in public decisionmaking, and the importance of liberal rights
to free speech, assembly, and the like. Judges who do not honor these values, like
five I can think of right off, are decidedly not OK. --jks

CB: What circumstances are those ? Ones in which you are pushing liberal political
values in everyplace except the elections ? How is it the big bourgeois judges are ok,
but the big bourgeois politicians are absolutely untouchable ?