Nobody commented that he also freed Susan Rosenberg and Linda Evans -- the
latter, you may recall, asked for help from pen-l.

Yes, Rich is slime.  He also engaged in union busting, if I recall
correctly.

Stewart is a better place to look for what Milken did.
Stewart, James B. 1991. Den of Thieves (NY: Simon and Schuster).
183: "Because of extraordinary control over the junk bond market, Milken
could buy back securities at artificially low prices from Drexel clients
who had no way of knowing their actual value; sell them to Boesky at a
small profit; have Boesky resell the securities to Drexel at a much higher
price; and in turn resell them to Drexel clients at still higher prices."

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321