It shouldn't surprise anyone that the IMF and the WB are major sources of
UN data. But that doesn't mean we should throw out all those data as bogus.
If so, Louis should stop sending pen-l articles from the New York TIMES and
similar ruling-class sources. But the emerging global ruling class tries
not to lie to itself (since believing one's own propaganda is a good way to
lose power). Instead of rejecting IMF/WB data, we should treat it the way
(the late radical journalist) I.F. Stone treated the New York TIMES, i.e.,
applying critical thinking to ferret out what's really going on.

Anyway, how's the IMF going to lie about the infant mortality rate without
people finding out? They probably collect their data from local public
health agencies.
Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] & http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~JDevine "Segui il
tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.)
-- K. Marx, paraphrasing Dante A.