This is leading nowhere...I am talking about spirituality as people
practice it in other parts of the world, including Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
I abhor new ageism in CA, Deepak Chopra and the like.  If deep
introspection is a result of someone saying you are immature you have
just missed the bus, no make it a boat:)  The point is there is something
deeper than materialist foundations of society.  Contrary to Ravi's claim
religion is not well defined, if it were the boundaries would be
clear cut.  They are not--see in your own state whether people identify
themselves on the basis of religion. Secularism is not a panacea, as you
point out in the NPR case.  Besides in the larger scheme of things (say
the cosmic world), what indeed is this bloody planet!

Yes, it is lot of opinion, that is why I say it is not going anywhere.

Cheers,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anthony P. D'Costa
Associate Professor                             Ph: (253) 692-4462
Comparative International Development           Fax: (253) 692-5718
University of Washington                        Box Number: 358436
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402, USA