I can sympathize with Louis Proyect's lament concerning the lack of good
available work on the Argentinian situation from a radical or Marxian
perspective in English.  But one good recent work at least should be
mentioned:

Stunted Lives, Stagnant Economies: Poverty, Disease, and
Underdevelopment, by Eileen Stillwaggon (342 pp, with illus, $50, ISBN
0-8135-2493-8, paper, $23, ISBN 0-8135-2494-6, New Brunswick, NJ,
Rutgers University Press, 1998.)

Despite the title, the book is about Argentina.  Despite the fact that
it focuses on health and health care issues, it does a good job of
dealing with the problems caused by structural adjustment policies
generally, a main thesis of the book being that socioeconomic factors
are at the root of the health crisis.  And despite the lack of an
explicitly Marxist approach, I think it is fair to say that the book is
coming from a radical perspective.

There are a number of on-line reviews for those wanting a summary and
outline.  But I'd be interested in Louis dedicating one of his 'columns'
to this book.

mat