Romain writes:

> It is in the traditional communist places (Seine St
> Denis, Pas de Calais, Loraine, etc.) that Le Pen got
> the higher scores, not in the richest places
> where are traditionnally living the rightists and
> the fascists. And this is the responsibility of the
> French communist party.

I don't know much about France so I will take Romain's word for
that until he is proven wrong, if he is wrong, of course. On the
other hand, a phenomenon similar to the above exists in Turkey.
Some polls prior to September 11 showed that the newly formed
Islamic fundamentalist Saadet Party (Felicity Party) was leading
with a 29% whereas all other existing parties whether they are on
the left or on the right were failing to pass the 10% level to
qualify for the National Assembly membership. The situation may
be different now because the US pulled its support behind this
party back but if the Turkish military does not block Felicity, I
am sure they will do well. And this did not happen because 29% of
the electorate suddenly turned Islamic fundamentalist but because
of what Romain said:

> There is a globalizing economic crisis with huge
> social and intellectual consequences! And as long as
> leftits will continue denying it, popular voters will
> continue sliding towards populism, as between the two
> World Wars.

Sabri