G'day Michael,

> Does anybody believe that W won't invade Iraq if the market is still down
> a couple of months before the election?

I'm not sure a tenable invasion scenario is to be had for the
foreseeable future, actually.  I don't think Saudi Arabia would be well
advised to allow an invasion force in (after all, that's where most of
the hard-line neo-Wahhabist types whom America professes to be seeking
out actually live, no?  And their stocks would rise dangerously if
Riyadh plays ball yet again.).  Kuwait is not being helpful, and I
believe Jordan has more or less publicly said no as of yesterday.  I
suppose Dubya has Ankara at his mercy, but there's a very long election
campaign afoot there, and I'd be surprised if any party, no matter how
desperate, would go along unless at least a couple of other significant
governments in the Muslem world are up for it. And who'd that be?  In
short, this Iraq thingy may just not be doable.

Cheers,
Rob.