Doug Henwood wrote:
And who is centering on personalities? Now it's Domhoff, added to a long list of ad hominems, including Jim O'Connor and David Harvey - three radical scholars who've done really fine work. This kind of spurious even-handedness is deeply unfair Michael.

The only thing I ever wrote about David Harvey is in the URPE journal that can be read at: http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/indian/Harvey_Indian.htm.

What happened between me and Jim O'Connor is ancient history.

Henwood has complained numerous times privately to Michael Perelman about my presence on the list. He cannot stand the fact that I am here. He would like to exclude me because my version of Marxism and his own--such as it is--clash. But instead of answering me about David Harvey or whatever else, he accuses me of "flaming" David Harvey or not honoring the decorum of PEN-L. This kind of exclusionary attitude should be condemned by anybody serious about the use of the Internet for the free and open exchange of ideas.

In point of fact, the letter to Domhoff was not only accepted by the moderators of PSN, it was read by the subscribers with no complaints about "ad hominem", etc. PSN has over 800 subscribers and is the primary voice of leftwing sociologists on the Internet. The furor here is not about Domhoff, it is about me.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org