>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/29/03 04:01 AM >>>
I am forwarding a link that has been drawn to my attention about the Stalingrad
hypothesis. I would caution that I do not claim this hypothesis
as mine.
Extract:
>The historical similarities between a 2003 "Battle of Baghdad" and the
>1942 "Battle of Stalingrad" are alarming.
Chris Burford

hey why not, all analogies are suspect, some just more than others...

irrespective of above, u.s. assumed 5 day - 7 at most - day war...

strategy predicated on 3 circumstances, none of which manifest themselves: en masse
open arm welcome from shia in south, en masse iraqi military surrender, en masse
flight from baghdad (re. latter, more people were crossing border from jordan early on
to take up arms against u.s. than were heading into jordan, 14-15 people in u.n
facilities set up for about 300,000)...
michael hoover