Title: Re: [PEN-L:36417] Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: WSJ - "Is This A
Since winning the lottery is the way people get rich
(in their fantasies), why not propose exempting
lottery winnings from the federal income tax (which
would in fact only be fair, since such "winnings" are
not income but transfers, and lottery "losings" are
in practise never deductibles from pretax income)?

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.
When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true."  (N. Weiner)

That's nuts. You know the failure rates for small business better than I do. I just know that it is very high. And how amny of self-employed or entrepreneurs go into their 60s (or 70s) with enough to retire on decently? jks
 "Max B. Sawicky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Better, I say, to have a political program
that speaks to individuals' ability to take
the most practical route out of wage slavery --
going into business for themselves.

I presume you mean collectively, in coops and the like? jks

Facilitating coops is important, but I also mean
individually.

mbs

Do you Yahoo!?