ravi wrote:

what is interesting (at least to me, because i am "in the space") is
that the high-paying privileged jobs in IT (the ones that ivy league
educated "liberal" white men filled) are being outsourced to india or
elsewhere, and some of the whining from these "liberals" sounds quite
inconsistent. that perception (of mine) might be correct and
uninteresting, yet insignificant. but perhaps not... being higher up in
the food chain, the influence [of those now affected] must be
exponentially larger than that of the blue collar workers. further,
would it be true that this segment is a swing voter group (that cannot
be swayed using some other means such as appeals to racism or nationalism)?

Gartner says 1 in 10 IT jobs may be outsourced overseas. According to the BLS, there are about 3 million workers in the information sector (and that includes old-line stuff like book publishing). So I wonder how big an electoral factor they'll be.

Doug