Eubulides wrote:

> [...]

I would expect that only those economists 'survived' who had already
been engaged in left political practice _before_ they had taken much
econ. It is extraordinarily rare that anyone 'turns' left from
reading/thinking alone, absent the impetus of finding him/herself
engaged in concrete struggles of some sort. Overwhelmingly, the
attraction of left theory in general (or of marxist theory in
particular) is that it appears first to a person as a way of making
sense of activity in which they find themselves caught up. One backs
into left theory as it were rather than walks into it straightforwardly
from "study."

Carrol

Carrol