Eugene Coyle wrote:

   ....I am repeatedly surprised by the fascination many environmentalists
have with the wonderful future world of hydrogen.  Let's see, we build
power plants to generate electricity to extract hydrogren, then ship, by
pipe or other means the hydrogen to someplace else to make electricity?
And so we end up with less energy than we started with.  Why is this good?....

Because the *solar* energy "we started with" is mostly unusable until it is stored as hydrogen. Wind farms in North Dakota. Solar farms in Arizona-New Mexico. Enough for all our transportation uses and much more. Plus huge numbers of jobs from construction of the farms, reconfiguration of the vehicle fleet, revitalization of depressed areas, etc., etc.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all
things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64