my 2 kopeks: it was under Clinton (or perhaps under Bush I or even Reagan) that
anti-trust was shelved. The idea was that with globalization of competition in product
markets, anti-trust wasn't needed. Of course, not all products have globalized
markets...

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine