Excellent observation.  We have many people who are either from or have expertise in
other parts of the world.  I wish we could hear more from them.  I'm assuming that
David Barkin will keep his promise to report on Mexico.

I think we need to keep in mind that the grocery strike was not lost on the picket
line.  A large number of defeats proceeded this one -- especially institutional
defeats.  The current US government attack on federal unions will prove especially
costly.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department