Justin:

> Moreover one could imagine a market society
> where, for example, the corporations did not
> have undemocratic power and wealth, and where
> the workers managed them themselves.

This is an interesting point.

I have never been against optimizing objective
functions, assuming that objectives can reasonably be
mathematized.

Here is a question Justin:

What may be some objectives of workers managed
corporations in the market society you imagine?

Put differently, what kind of "contracts" such
corporations and the persons that embody them will
have to "sign" in this market society?

Of course, before such a society is constructed we may
never know what these contracts will exactly look like
but what do you expect them to look like,
approximately, that is?

Best,

Sabri